Easy Crockpot Stew
Stew meat (beef or pork)
Spices and Herbs
(2) Cans of Beef Broth
This is quite possibly one of the easiest meals to cook that will make your husband or dinner guests think you slaved all over the stove all day long. I love crock pot meals because they are so easy and simple (leave some good ones in my comments if you want to share).
Who doesn't love a good meal that takes little effort and even better, doesn't dirty up your whole kitchen?!?
Fall and winter meals are some of my favorites. Actually I take that back, they
my favorite meals ever. I'm all about stews, gumbos, turkey meat chili, baked ham and fried turkey. Holiday pies are the shiz nit and fudge is a winter staple. Okay, apparently I'm seriously jonesing for some holiday dinners!
Get me to Turkey Day people...
The awesome thing about this meal is that it's appropriate at any season, but it's just perfect for the colder weather. I choose to do canned broth because I'm lazy, but aside from that, this is a healthy meal full of wholesome veggies and protein! So, let's get cooking...
- Brown your meat in a skillet to prepare for the crockpot. We make our stew with pork meat since I don't eat red meat, but you can do either.
- Cut up carrots, potatoes, celery, one whole onion, small amount of bell pepper and any herbs you wish to use. Typically I do almost a full bag of baby carrots, three large baking potatoes and two celery stalks. Add 1-2 cloves of garlic if desired.
- After your meat is browned, add the meat and vegetables to the pot along with about one and a half cans of beef broth. Save the rest of the broth in case you need to thin out your stew later. I don't recommend using two full cans in the beginning as your stew may become too watery.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stirring occasionally.
- Around the last hour, add your seasonings such as garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and Tony's for us southern peeps.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
What are your favorite crockpot meals?
And what are you most excited about with this colder weather? I definitely pulled out all of the Christmas movies this morning and started our day with Frosty the Snowman.
you read that
Bring on the cold weather food, scarves and Christmas Carols!