I remember when I became pregnant with my first child and my best friend gave me a gift. It was one of those adorable belly, pregnancy journals and a cute baby outfit. I loved it because it really made the whole idea of my being pregnant a reality.
I know that often times, this is exactly what us girls do for each other - we give a small, meaningful or practical gift to celebrate what is perhaps the most life changing event ever. But sometimes we may not know what to give a new mama, especially if we haven't had children of our own. The whole world of pregnancy and baby items is quite overwhelming and if you're unfamiliar with it, you may not know what is in or what is needed.
So today I'll share some of my favorite pregnancy must haves with you! These items make wonderful gifts for a new mama because they are practical and will get use! Add in some chocolate, a journal or sweet memento for baby and you're sure to get the hormones flowing with the happy tears.
1. Pregnant Belly Salve. This. stuff. is. AMAZING. We all know one of the first things a newly pregnant mama needs is some yummy stuff to slather on that growing belly to prevent stretch marks and to help alleviate itching. I have tried a few different creams in my pregnant days and this is by far my favorite! I also have terrible itching this go around and it cures that so much! It truly works and my belly has luckily always looked like it did before thanks to using creams and salves. I even had a customer contact me who didn't use much during her pregnancy and had some stretch marks and this cream actually helped to fade them. Plus, it's all natural so that is huge because we don't want to slather toxins right over the skin that sits on top of our little bebe. Also available as an oil.
2. Shrink My Feet Soak. Swelling in the feet is real during pregnancy and affects a lot of women. This bath soak or feet soak can actually help reduce the swelling and smells amazing too. The salts in this product can help to pull the fluids out of the body in the feet and can improve circulation.
3. Pregnancy Herbal Tea. This tea can't be used until the third trimester, but it actually helps to prepare the body for labor. This is a wonderful gift for a mama who is all about gearing up for labor whether that is natural or not. Either way, this tea can help ensure the body may be able to do everything it needs to do naturally. Red raspberry leaf is a main ingredient and has been known to help bring labor on naturally as well as help the body through the process.
4. Mama Body Butter. This organic lotion is great for all over use and again for decreasing the appearance of stretch marks. Don't just focus on healthier products for your belly, but for your whole body. It takes less than sixty seconds for the products we put on our skin to enter our bloodstream, so make it a healthy choice!
5. Birth and Baby Oil. This can be a tricky one because not every birthing mother will use it (it is for perineal massage during childbirth) but even if they choose not to, it can still be used as a baby oil later on!
6. Our Baby Bundle. We'll package together a nice selection of our favorite baby and mommy items and you just select which subscription you'd like to try! We even have one catered to cloth diapering families. Whether it is teethers, dishware, blankets or breast pads, we can send a beautiful package over to mama!
What else is a great item for the new mama to be? A little bit of chocolate, a baby journal and maybe something sweet for baby like our Giraffe Lovey. Believe me, you can't go wrong when putting together a small and simple "Congrats" gift for the new mama to be! It's sure to be just what she needs.
For more pregnancy information, keep looking through our pregnancy series, A Healthy Nine Months.