10 Gifts Every New Mom Needs
When it comes to giving new moms a great gift, some of us may stress about what truly makes a great gift. We may want to find the fanciest things, but sometimes the most practical and obvious gift, is the best one.
Before we even dig into this chart, let me just say that three things not listed here that are truly a very well loved gift are 1) diapers, 2) wipes 3) medicines. Seriously, they seem so obvious and even boring, but if you are an experienced mama you know that these are the most used gifts of all. No one wants to wake up in the middle of the night to discover your baby is running fever and you don't have infant's Tylenol. Not to mention that new moms don't always know what medicines and remedies they should have on hand, so for a veteran mom to give that gift is truly a wise thing!
Practical gifts are double hands up emoji awesome.
Here's are 10 Items that are seriously amazing. Sometimes it is either a lifesaver or just a really good and well used item!
1. The Hobo Bag from Logan and Lenora. So duh, we all love pretty bags and yes, new moms probably have a great diaper bag. BUT these bags have a waterproof lining and are machine washable. You have no idea how amazing this is until you've had milk cups leak in your bags or until you've had dirty bags from toting it around everywhere. It is also great because it is big enough for spare diapers, snacks, clothes and mommy essentials and still looks like you're carrying a cute purse rather than a bulky diaper bag!
2. Muslin Swaddles. These are the SOFTEST baby blankets and I just love them! They are also typically very large in size and I'll just say that the monochrome theme is very in right now, so you can't go wrong with these colors!
3. A Natural Rash Cream. So sure the natural chick in me is coming out on this one...but here is why. Sometimes diaper rashes are caused strictly from the chemicals in the diapers and wipes that we use. So why irritate it anymore (or at all) with a nasty rash cream?! Choose a natural one! Bonus is that these creams can be used for many things like cracked skin, cuts and burns even.
4. Balm Baby Eucalyptus Rub. This is the natural alternative to Vicks Vapo Rub. There is some research out there that shows Vicks can be deadly if used too much on too little of a baby. So choose our rub that nixes that chemical and helps to clear baby's airways. This is one of those medicines that come in handy in the middle of the night!
5. A Baby Wrap. My words of advice is that every mom needs a baby wrap for the first 6-9 months and then a good, structured carrier for the remaining months of baby wearing. Wraps keep babies close to mama in a womb like way and have amazing health benefits. Plus, mama gets to have her hands free!
6. This Teether Leash. A teether connected to a leash that is then connected to baby's clothes is the bees knees. No one wants to play fetch all day with a damn teether!
7. Balm Baby Teething Rub. This sells quite a bit in our store! It's all natural and sure to help teething babies get some rest and fuss a bit less! It's safe to put directly onto gums which eliminates the mess of Orajel or the like.
8. Pampering Items for Mama. Whether it is chocolate, a magazine for baby's nap time (that likely still may not get read) or some skin care products, mama needs to have something to recharge and take care of herself with. I love our Glow exfoliating scrub! It works wonders!
9. The Logan and Lenora Diaper and Wipe Clutch. It's like the best thing ever. Fits a few diapers (or one cloth diaper and a small wet bag), wipes and even your keys and wallet. Squeeze in a bottle of hand sanitizer, a pack of snacks for baby and even your favorite lip stick! It's PERFECT for quick errands, going out to eat, etc... I love these practical and stylish clutches. Waterproof and machine washable, because duh...moms need that!
10. A Sippy Cup that IS spill proof! You will come across 131 cups that claim to be spill proof and I will tell you that this is the first one I discover to truly hold up to that claim. Even better, these are eco friendly and non toxic because they are made of recycled milk jugs in the USA and come in a rainbow of colors and are super inexpensive. Grab one for mama and she'll thank you later. ;)
So there you have it. A fool proof lists of items that you can't go wrong with. I recently just gave a first time mom the diaper and wipe clutch filled with essentials like the Bottom Balm, teething rub and other items I knew she needed for breastfeeding.
Never hesitate to shop away from a mother's registry if you are buying practical items that EVERY mom needs. And if you know of a new mama, make sure to share this post or our store with her so she can add our items to her wish list or her Baby List registry. Thanks for reading and sharing!
Rock on Mamas!