Sticking to a routine can sometimes be tricky, #momlife. Our nights of sleep and our morning start can all play a role in just how well we do with balancing our days with the routines that we know are helpful and good for us.
I went through a time in my life where everyday I took my supplements and oiled up just as I had the day before. I had more energy, more grounded emotions and just an overall better feeling, and that was when I was a brand new postpartum mother. I realized then how important that routine was to helping me feel so balanced and grounded and have strived to continue to keep it up ever since then.
Sometimes I get asked by others, "How do you do it all?" and sometimes as flattering as the question is it is also a very hard question for me to answer. I suppose like so many other mothers, in my mind I feel like I am not successfully doing it all. There are indeed clothes that need to be washed, chores I didn't do, blog posts that I didn't write and a child who wanted me to color with them today and I never did. I think we are all guilty of holding onto mom guilt and believing that we're just not doing good enough. But...I digress...back to my wellness routine.
I suppose that my wellness habits are a tool that helps me do it all. And while every day I may not feel like I'm on top of the world, most days I feel pretty darn good. I thought it would be beneficial to share some of the things that I take and the oils that I use daily for my own health regimen. Essential oils have changed the game for me. When used daily and consistently and when using the right brand, your body can respond in ways that you never dreamed. Essential oils can offer support for emotions, sleep, anxiousness, mood, skin, digestive health, respiratory health, immunity, energy and SO MUCH MORE (but this post isn't just about oils - so keep reading!).
Before I share my routine, I want to point out that some of these things are not always achieved every day. Life happens and sometimes I can be forgetful. But when all of these things are achieved, my days are just simply better.
Here lately I have been rising before the kids to have some quiet time for reading scriptures and praying. I have noticed how this greatly impacts my day for the better! Sometimes I am also able to squeeze in some work and chores. Rising before the kids, truly makes a difference!
- Wake before the kids for quiet time - I like to spend this time on my front porch
- Diffuse Peppermint with a citrus oil to wake up and become alert
- Take two Super B tablets with breakfast
- Take two Multigreens capsules
- Take 1-2 Vitamin D gummies from Nordic Naturals
- Take one plant based iron capsule from Rainbow Light
- Apply Progessance Plus to my forearms
- Apply Valor oil over heart and behind ears
- Apply Tranquil oil when heading out the door
MID MORNING ROUTINE:
- Drink 1-2 oz of Ningxia Red
- Workout for about 15-20 mins if I can (or want to)
- Diffuse oils based on what I want/need: sometimes it's for a pick me up and others for more joy in our day
- Drink a NingXia Zyng (it would also be wise to do an ounce of Ningxia Red in the morning and another ounce in the afternoon for a pick me up)
- Apply Tranquil oil for some afternoon zen
- Add 1-2 drops of Lemon oil to my water
- Go outside for a bit to walk or ride bikes with the kids, water the flowers or simply pull weeds! Sometimes we just eat our afternoon snacks on the porch
- Go for a change of scenery - if we have been stuck inside all day, we may run to grab ice cream to go for a change of scenery
- Also I like to nap. While this is happening less these days, I will listen to my body during the kids' nap time and get myself a power nap in.
- Diffuse calming oils such as Lavender + Cedarwood, Stress Away + Orange, White Angelica + Orange or Gentle Baby
- Soak in the bath (obviously this isn't always a possibility)
- Read something if I can
- Apply Rutavala before bed (especially on days where my mind won't stop and I can't settle for sleep)
Hope you enjoyed taking a peek into how my days typically go around here when it comes to the things I do to keep going. It can be hard to keep the adrenaline going and believe me, I'll nap during the kids' nap time if my body needs it.
Listen to your body and treat it the right way. It will thank you in your mind, body and spirit.
For help with any of these products or to become a member of our private community where you can learn more about using these oils and products and overall natural wellness, join my tribe here!